Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Thursday, and I'm still here

A couple of week ago, maybe a month ago, I pulled muscles in my left lower back. My doctor (I was going for my annual check up that week anyway) gave me a muscle relaxant and something for the pain, neither of which I have taken reliably because I don't like to take those sorts of things. It's gotten somewhat better on it's own, but still hurts like the devil and makes sleeping difficult. Apparently, if you don't take those things, it takes a long time to get better because the muscles stay in spasm. Who knew?

So, sleeping hurts. Walking for too long hurts. Even a long hot bath in the tub hurts after a bit.

Then, a few days ago, the lumbering buffalo that lives in my house that claims to be a dog knocked me down as I came home. I fell backwards onto my tailbone and saw stars from the pain.

The combination of the two is making me grumpy, because now it even hurts to sit still.

On top of all the grumpy, I have a ton of stuff to do right now. Five birthdays, Halloween, and all of the regular day-to-day stuff.

And somewhere in there, I (we?) decided that everyone would be getting homemade stuff for Christmas. If you are my relative, or an in-law, stop reading now. Unless you're my husband. If you are he, keep reading - I don't mention your stuff here.

So shoo if you are in any way related to me.
Just to be safe, I'll add some of those dots that are somehow supposed to keep people from reading what's below it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There. All of my relatives should be gone now.

The SuperCat is getting felt play mats, a set of small dolls, some doll clothes and quilts, some handmade animals, and four small houses plus furnishings.

My niece is getting play mats and a doll.

My nephew is getting a wooden car and a blanket.

My mother-in-law and sister in law are getting hand-beaded necklaces with stone centerpieces.

My father-in-law and brother-in-law are getting knit scarfs in favorite team colors.

My older daughters are getting scarves and something-really-cool-but-as-yet-undetermined.

And I'm making all of it between now and December 25th.

That's a lot of sewing and knitting and beading. I have to work on it every day, even on days like today when I feel like crap and my back hurts.

And that makes me even grumpier. A perfect storm of grumpiness. But moms aren't supposed to be grumpy, and so I really do try not to show it too much. I hope I'm succeeding most of the time.

It is timely and wonderful that tomorrow the SuperCat is going to her grandparent's house for the evening and my husband and I are going to stay home and make dinner together, share a glass of wine, and enjoy each others company.

Saturday, we're going out to the range to target practice, which may sound like an odd way to spend an anniversary, but we do enjoy it.

So, I'm taking tomorrow off. No knitting, no sewing, no painting, no scissors, no thread, no cloth.

I will strive to set aside the grumpy, because my beloved deserves the very best weekend ever from his adoring wife. No matter how much my back hurts, or how much I have to do, I try to always remember than I have been blessed with the sort of man many women dream of.

I could never ask for more than he gives me every day.


Have a wonderful weekend!

Namaste

No comments: